Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Surprise under the arms


A fun little surprise as I was shaving last week... I discovered that I had a nice little patch that I had missed for a while under my arms.  Perhaps a little unpleasant to talk about, but it made me laugh embarassingly at myself.

My expanders are under my pectoralis muscles, which is inserted at the clavical/shoulder and extends across and down my chest.  Since this muscle is raised (more and more each week with expansion), when I now lift my arm...there is a muscle "bridge".  The muscle raises more now, so that I can't see my whole armpit now.

I used to be able to see my whole armpit when I raised my arm to shave, so out of habit I was just shaving only what I saw and I thought I got it all.  Now I am realizing that I can't just shave what I SEE!  I need to look under the "bridge" and shave in the unseen pocket area too!  That is a TOUGH area to shave!  Imagine trying to shave inside of a small bowl.  No flat surface when my arm is raised up forming that bowl...and I have to raise my arm to be able to access that area to shave.  I'm trying to figure it out!

Anyway, I "apologized" to Dr. Ferguson on Friday for having this unkempt spot.  I "insisted that hygeine is actually pretty important to me".  He just knowingly laughed.

No comments:

Post a Comment