Tuesday, August 20, 2013

2 Months Post Surgery: Expanders Out and Implants In

I really feel so great!  I have no problem with my range of motion in my arms.  I am able to lift and carry my babies.  I certainly try to avoid lifting anything that is really heavy.  I am still a little cautious about that.

My breasts are looking great and are "settling in" a bit.  My incisions are pink and still visible, but not bad.  I remember going into this that I was most concerned about having these incision scars and I absolutely didn't want them!  I had looked into the "keyhole mastectomy" where the incision is smaller so I wouldn't have the long scars that I'd see in the pictures on the internet as I was researching this whole process.  Really, those incision scars made me sad to look at and think that I would have those too... but honestly now I don't even really "see" them when I look in the mirror and I don't "think" about them.  Would I prefer overall that they weren't there?  Yes.  But I am really pretty okay with them.  The funniest, weirdest thing about my breasts is due to the fact that my implant is tucked up under my pectoralis muscle.  Normally I cannot tell or see my muscle through my skin, until I flex my muscle and I can see that "flex" under my skin.  I do not like that look at all, so I try not to do it when I am looking at them in the mirror or just looking at them.  When a woman gets augmentation under non-reconstructive, normal circumstances, she has a lot of fat padding over her pectoralis muscle so she doesn't see that "flex" as much or at all.

I have the best friends and family who have helped me through this time.  My wonderful friends came over during my first week home.  They...helped me change the sheets on all of the beds, swept and steamed my kitchen and bathroom floors, brought in fresh flowers from their garden, vacuumed my carpets, knocked down cobwebs from my deck and front porch soffits, whisked my girls away for a fun dinner out on the town, cleaned my windows and brought me meals and special treats.  I am so blessed to have such wonderful people who love me.

No comments:

Post a Comment