Monday, September 17, 2012

Every Day is Better...

We are being showered with love...meals, flowers, goodies, babysitting...  Wow!  We love our friends and family!  It's hard to take so much love and feel "deserving", but we are grateful for the help and love!

Last night I wasn't sure if I was feeling hot flashes, or I was just getting a bit hot.  It will be interesting to see how things go as far as side effects these upcoming weeks.
I'm not showing this picture because it's pretty.... just want to document what the after surgery looked like.  I had orange-scrub-antisceptic stuff on my tummy and it scrubbed off my tummy hairs and left razor rash (doesn't hurt).  So, I think they made these three holes and then put tunnel ports in each of them.  Through the middle tunnel, I believe they pushed a scope and the hose of CO2 gas (you can see my tummy is still bloated in this photo.  I actually woke up with swollen eyes from the air and red sprinkles around my eyes where blood vessles burst and a nice red spot on the bottom of my eye...I'm guessing all from the CO2 gas being shoved into my body...just cosmetic, doesn't hurt and the swelling in my face has gone down after 3 days).  Then in the other tunnel ports, I believe they used the tools to perform the surgery.

Every day is getting easier.  Sleep is still difficult, but better.  I was on Toredol in the hospital (drip), but since I've been home, I've been on 600mg Ibuprofen, 2 Tylenol (1000mg), and a Gas X every 6 hours.  I've also been sipping a glass of Miralax water each day.  I'd say that definitely has all been helping.  They sent me home with a purcocet script, but I am weary to take it since I am caring for the girls a bit and want to be "present".  I feel a little pain, but am pretty well controlled.

Dan has been sick too, poor boy, and been sleeping and feeling out of it, but I think he's feeling better today.  Last night in bed, he asked, "Are you glad you did it?"  After an affirmative, he said "Me too".  Despite the difficult choice to stop having children, we are both so grateful that I was cancer free and we can enjoy our lovely life together with our wonderful children.  So grateful.


No comments:

Post a Comment